Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easy Being Green

 

It's Not Easy Being Green (Or Is It?)

The Muppets Kermit the Frog
 
I can't help but have visions of green on this first day of Spring! Here's a bit of green to inspire you to welcome the outdoors in. As the grass turns greener and we're able to open our windows and once again watch the sweet breeze dance with our curtains.  Consider a bit of green to energize your home and your soul; much like barefoot walk in the grass. (Although I'd save that walk in the grass for a hot summer day)
 
Happy Spring!
 
 
 
 
 Traditional Family Room by Little Rock Interior Designer Tobi Fairley Interior Design
courtesy of Houzz  if you haven't already become addicted to Houzz check it out:
www.houzz.com/
 

David Bromstad
Check out more of David Bromstad's amazing rooms here:

 
 
courtesy of Houzz find tons of design inspriation here:
 
The Green Room of the White House, Feb. 18, 2009. (Official White House Photo by Joyce N. Boghosian)
Courtesy of the White House, yes THE WHITE HOUSE!  If it is a color fit for Pennsylvania Ave then I'd say it's good enough for us!  The complimentary anchor the room.  Makes me want to stroll in the rose garden, how about you? See more here:
 
42309curepost5.jpg
Sara Ruth's Living Room courtesy of Apartment Therapy (thank you)
check out Apartment Therapy here:
 
Novogratz - Thank you HGTV for introducing me to their eclectic chic style.
See more of this boys room at:
 
 
Candace Olson
Yes this is a basement! No really, this is a Candace Olson basement, need I say more?

More Green Inspiration:

st patricks day table
Courtesy of Centsational Girl (Thank you)  Love her blog! Check out more here:

How can I talk about green without mentioning this:

 
 
Yes,The Emerald City.
 
Thank you Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer for your Technicolor dream.  How can you not be inspired to think green as the scenes within the Emerald City's walls unfold?  Talk about making monochromatic work..Whenever I watch The Wizard of Oz it takes me back to when I was a little girl sprawled out on my Nana's scratchy wool rugged floor in front of her big floor model tv viewing this movie for the first time.  That magical moment when the movie went from black and white to dazzling color I think my eyes must've doubled in size widening to take it all in.  Who hasn't thought that visiting Munchkinland was truly like stepping into a dream?  I always loved being creative and coloring with my Crayola box of 64 colors (including built in crayon sharpener) and I truly believe after that moment of seeing those colors explode on the screen my creativity blossomed like that field of wild poppies. From that moment on my art was all about drama.  I realized how surroundings effected people's moods.  The happy colors of Munchkinland, the magical green of the Emerald City, the dreary darks of the Witches Castle, even the puff of red smoke when the Witch exited a scene and I could come out from hiding behind my pillow evoked feelings.  Isn't that why we decorate, design, and create?  Isn't it all about creating emotions and feelings?  How do we feel when we step into a room?  Do we feel comfortable wearing a certain color?  What is that piece of art expressing to you?  Embrace those feelings and rise to the occasion.  If something makes you feel good than wear it, live with it, commit to it.  The simplest thing can make all the difference so when you're planning your space keep those feelings in mind and I guarantee you are on your way to making your outcome a success.  With that I think you will find yes, it is easy being green, or pink, or red, or purple, or orange, or...you get the idea; feel it, be it, go for it!  Spring into action! (pun intended)
 

A Spring Inspired Green Room by Innate2Decorate:

 
 
 
 
Don't forget to be green
Recycle Laptops for Cash
 
HAPPY SPRING!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment